sexta-feira, 30 de janeiro de 2009


Quando eu crescer, quero responder questionários com a destreza do Dustin Hoffmann.

Esse é um questionário proustiano padrão que ele respondeu para revista Vanity Fair. To com preguiça de traduzir.


What is your idea of perfect happiness?
When the coffee kicks in early in the morning and I’m on the couch with my dogs, reading the paper.

What is your greatest fear?
My belief that saying it makes it happen.

Which living person do you most admire?
The Portuguese director Manoel de Oliveira, who is 100 years old and still working.

What is your greatest extravagance?
Disposable glasses.

What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
Moderation.

On what occasion do you lie?
When people ask, “How are you?” The real answer I save for my therapist.

What do you dislike most about your appearance?
That it is only skin-deep.

Which living person do you most despise?
Any bully.

What is the quality you most like in a man?
Non-threatening.

What is the quality you most like in a woman?
Threatening.

Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
“How was yours?”

What or who is the greatest love of your life?
My family, which keeps growing.

When and where were you happiest?
The moment I knew I would spend my life with Lisa.

Which talent would you most like to have?
To play good jazz piano.

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I’d like to read faster.

What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Knowing how much I don’t know.

What is your most treasured possession?
My notebooks.

What do you most value in your friends?
Private planes.

What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
Auditioning.

What is your favorite occupation?
Eavesdropping.

What is your most marked characteristic?
Unpredictability. However, those who know me find me very predictable.

Who are your favorite writers?
Nineteenth-century Russians.

Who is your favorite hero of fiction?
Mr. Magoo.

Which historical figure do you most identify with?
Columbus—if it’s true that he knew where he was going, got lost, and found a place that was better.

Who are your heroes in real life?
Those who overcome adversity.

What is your greatest regret?
Waiting too long to do those things that I’m finally hoping to do now.

What is your motto?
“The true mystery of the world is the visible, not the invisible.”—Oscar Wilde


Nenhum comentário: